Prayed.

I prayed,
I got down on my knees.
I confessed all the sins that I could think of.
I told God I knew I’d been a bit crap recently, but now, of all times I needed him to come through for me. I had a request, and it felt to me like the most important thing I could ask him.

It’s over.
After all the buildup,
All the hype,
All the excitement,
The total solar eclipse has come
— and gone.

Everyone has low points that they wish they could go back and click “undo”.
When we are clear that we are own resource for healing and that no-one and I mean no-one can heal us from our past except ourselves – we will free others of the burden of fixing and filling us up. 

Sometimes it is said with care, but often it is said carelessly.
It is said as a transition from one coffee-cup conversation to the next with a flip of the hair and a meaningless sigh.

You loved. You lost. You move on.


There have been times where it seemed to me that there was too much losing in the loving.
I have spent years loving imperfectly but with great sincerity.
Years praying and apologizing, trying to be strong, trying to forgive and, at last, finding myself several years down the road with nothing to show but a few heart bruises.




Perhaps you guys have experienced it too.
Perhaps for you it was a friend, a sibling, a parent, a partner, or a leader
Leaving you wondering…

Comments

Popular Posts